I enjoy weightlifting, mountain biking, electronic music, Matlab, sunny weather, and a good pimiento cheese burger.
B.S. Appalachian State University (2015)
- in vivo metabolomics
- molecular genetics of the circadian clock in the filamentous fungus Neurospora crassa
- NMR metabolomics data analysis and visualization tool development
We have recently developed a way to monitor abundant metabolites in microorganisms in vivo and in real time using NMR. Using this method I ask questions like:
- which metabolites does an organism consume or accumulate? When do they do this, and why?
- how do these patterns change with environmental or genetic perturbations?
- what can we discover about the underlying dynamics of metabolism using these data to drive detailed kinetic models? (in collaboration with Yue Wu, IOB)
Al-Omari, A., Griffith, J., Judge, M., Taha, T., Arnold, J., and Schüttler, H.B. 2015. Discovering a Regulatory Network Topology Using Ensemble Methods on GPGPUs with Special Reference to the Biological Clock of Neurospora crassa. IEEE Access 3:27-42.
- Introduction to Genetics (GENE3200)